HARRISBURG – Sen. Elder Vogel, Jr. (R-47), majority chair of the Senate Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee, will be hosting a press conference in celebration of National Dairy Month and in honor of Pennsylvania’s Dairy Industry on Thursday, June 22, from 9:30-10:30 a.m. in the Main Capitol Rotunda (Pennsylvania Capitol Building, 501 N 3rd St, Harrisburg).
This event will feature key agriculture and dairy leaders who will provide an overview and share the successes of Pennsylvania’s dairy industry.
Additionally, Vogel will also have some of Pennsylvania’s Dairy Princesses present to share industry specific information, baby calves for some photo opportunities, and the Pennsylvania Dairymen’s Association’s milkshake truck at Soldiers Grove from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Press conference speakers will include:
- Russell Redding, secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture.
- Sen. Elder Vogel, majority chair of the Senate Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee.
- Sen. Judy Schwank, minority chair of the Senate Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee.
- Rep. Eddie Day Pashinski, majority chair of the House Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee.
- Rep. Dan Moul, minority chair of the House Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee.
- Jayne Sebright, executive director of the Center for Dairy Excellence.
Watch live at Facebook.com/Senator.Elder.Vogel.
CONTACT: Abby Chiumento, 717-787-3076