HARRISBURG – Six Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program (RACP) grants, with a combined total of more than $6.79 million, have been awarded to projects in Beaver, Butler and Lawrence counties, according to Sen. Elder Vogel (R-47).
Three Bever County projects received the following awards:
- A $2,480,400 grant awarded to the Beaver Area School District for the replacement of its high school-middle school natatorium with a new six-lane pool.
- A $1.5 million grant awarded to Midland LP for the continued redevelopment of an existing 50,000-square-foot warehouse left over from prior industry in Midland Borough to bring the structure up to code and make it a marketable property.
- A $495,000 grant awarded to Heritage Valley Health System, Inc. for the facility’s Nuclear Radiology Hot Lab project, which will prepare space within the Nuclear Department in radiology by doing such things as installing new lead-lined walls, creating new storage and staff workspace, and enlarging the scanning room.
Grants were awarded to the following two Butler County projects:
- A $1 million grant to The Buncher Company for Phase 1A of its Jacksons Pointe project, which will include the installation of necessary infrastructure that will ultimately allow the company to expand its presence in Jackson Township.
- A $811,250 grant for the Community Development Corporation of Butler County to do Phase 2 of its Harmony Fire District Construction project, which will create and outfit a new fire station in Zelienople Borough.
And in Lawrence County, a $500,000 grant has been awarded to construct flex space in an industrial building located in New Beaver Borough’s Stonecrest Business Park.
RACP is administered by the Office of the Budget for the acquisition and construction of regional economic, cultural, civic, recreational, and historical improvement projects. RACP projects are authorized in the Redevelopment Assistance section of a Capital Budget Itemization Act. They must have a regional or multi-jurisdictional impact and generate substantial increases or maintain current levels of employment, tax revenues, or other measures of economic activity.
CONTACT: Heather Burke firstname.lastname@example.org