Free event will provide basic information on investing
An upcoming Department of Banking and Securities seminar will provide local working adults and senior citizens with basic information on investment strategies, according to Senator Elder Vogel.
The Department’s “Money Matters” investor education conference will begin at 6:15 p.m. on Tuesday, April 30, in the Pittsburgh Marriott North in Cranberry Township. The seminar is free to the public and is not a sales event, but registration is required and available online at www.dobs.state.pa.us.
“This seminar will cover some basic investment strategies for adults or all ages – from those who are just starting out to senior citizens who are looking toward their retirement years,” Senator Vogel said.
Subjects that will be covered during the seminar include:
- Investing 101: Learn How to Begin Investing.
- Updates for Experienced Investors.
- Financial Products for Senior Citizens.
- Retirement and Estate Planning.
- How to Set Up Your Children for Financial Success.
- Saving for Colleges with a PA 529 College Savings Program
- How to Protect Yourself from Financial Scams
For more information visit www.dobs.state.pa.us or call (toll-free) 1-800-PA-BANKS (800-722-2657).