Families can access information on preparing for college
Students and families can now access PHEAA’s 2011-12 Student Aide Guide on line. The guide provides extensive information on all student aid programs (grants, scholarships, loans and work-study) available to Pennsylvania students, including the need-based state grant.
“There are several federal and state grant and loan programs available for students and the 2011-12 Student Aid Guide provides the information that will help families secure that money,” Senator Vogel said. “This financial assistance can provide real relief for families as they work to put together the money to cover the ever increasing costs of higher education.”
The guide provides:
- Timelines for juniors and seniors on getting ready for college.
- Eligibility information, application procedures and deadlines
- Helpful resources and contact information
- Tools to create a student budget to estimate expenses
- Ways to indentify financial need
- Online resources for forms, research, calculators and more
CONTACT: Joe Weidner